Quick Answer: How To Play Nay?
- 1 How is the nay played?
- 2 Is it hard to play the ney?
- 3 How do you play Turkish ney?
- 4 Who invented the ney?
- 5 Who created the ney?
- 6 How long does it take to learn ney?
- 7 What is the ney made out of?
- 8 What instrument is used in Arabic music?
- 9 How do you control your breathing when playing the flute?
- 10 Which is best flute for beginners?
- 11 Why is my flute not playing?
How is the nay played?
The Nay (Farsi for “reed”) is an open-ended, obliquely end blown flute made of cane. They nay was known in the Near East since antiquity. It is nine-jointed, and usually has 6 holes in the front for the fingers to play and 1 hole underneath for the thumb. It is played with the pads of the fingers.
Is it hard to play the ney?
With this device, playing the ney becomes less hard. It is still a very difficult instrument, but at least it is no longer reserved for the lucky few that have no rugae on their palate. Here is a short video which shows how to position the ney in the mouth.
How do you play Turkish ney?
The Turkish ney is played by pressing the bashpare against nearly-closed lips and angling the flute so that a narrow air-stream can be blown from the center of the lips against the interior edge to the left or right, depending on whether the flute is left- or right-handed in construction.
Who invented the ney?
The oldest finding of this instrument, which is thought to have been used in the Sumerian society since 5000 BC, is the ney that was exhibited at the Phledelphia University Museum in America from the 2800-3000 BC. It is thought that the instrument was used in religious ceremonies in those periods.
Who created the ney?
The ney in the Sufi tradition In the Sufi dance, one hand points to the ground and the other – up. This is a symbol of the holy connection between materialism and spiritualism. The order was founded by the greatest mystical poet, Jalal A din Romi. His students spread his way that combines the music with the tradition.
How long does it take to learn ney?
How long does it take to learn ney? The apprenticeship period of an instrument usually takes at least five to six years, depending on ability and competence.
What is the ney made out of?
The ney consists of a piece of hollow cane or giant reed with five or six finger holes and one thumb hole. Modern neys may be made instead of metal or plastic tubing.
What instrument is used in Arabic music?
The traditional Arabic ensemble or takht consists of four main melodic instruments: the oud, the nay, the qanun, and the violin, and one main percussion instrument: the riqq.
How do you control your breathing when playing the flute?
The flute requires a lot of air and beginners may get light headed. Take a little break if you feel this way. 2.
- ALWAYS begin students with head joint exercises.
- Cover the lip plate and blow over the end of the head joint like playing a bottle.
- Use little tension. Very relaxed.
- Remember to use the surprise breath.
Which is best flute for beginners?
The Best Flutes for Beginners, According to Experts
- Yamaha YFL-222 Intermediate Flute for Student.
- Eastman Student Flute Model.
- Gemeinhardt 2SP Flute with Straight Headjoint.
- Pearl PF500 500 Series Student Flute with Case.
- Azumi AZ2 Intermediate Flute Offset G.
- Trevor James 10X Flute with Curved & Straight Headjoints.
Why is my flute not playing?
After you play a flute for a long period of time, the condensation can build up inside the first chamber of the flute and the flute stops playing. The solution for this is to remove the bird from the flute and let it dry overnight. In most cases, overnight is enough to have the flute dry out.