FAQ: How To Play Youtube On Sonos From Mac?
- 1 How do I stream from Mac to Sonos?
- 2 How do I play YouTube through Sonos?
- 3 Can I connect Sonos to my Mac?
- 4 How do I connect my Mac to Sonos speakers?
- 5 Can you play Netflix through Sonos?
- 6 Can you use Sonos as a Bluetooth speaker?
- 7 How can I play YouTube on wireless speakers?
- 8 Does Sonos have a Mac app?
- 9 Why is AirPlay not working on Sonos?
- 10 Can I stream music from my computer to Sonos?
- 11 How do I connect Sonos one to my system?
- 12 Why won’t Sonos play my iTunes library?
- 13 How do I add a Sonos speaker to my system?
How do I stream from Mac to Sonos?
Start an AirPlay stream using a Mac
- Open your Mac’s System Preferences and click Sound.
- In the Output tab, choose a Sonos product to begin an AirPlay stream.
How do I play YouTube through Sonos?
To set up YouTube Music on your Sonos app:
- Open the Sonos app.
- Tap More from the menu on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Add Music Services.
- Select YouTube Music Add to Sonos.
- Tap I’m already a member.
- Tap Authorize and paste the code presented on the previous screen.
Can I connect Sonos to my Mac?
Yes, a Mac can use AirPlay to send audio to AirPlay-capable Sonos devices. You should be able to select Sonos Airplay targets by clicking on the Sound icon in the menu bar, as shown below in the example from my system.
How do I connect my Mac to Sonos speakers?
How to stereo pair your Sonos speakers using the Sonos Controller app for Mac
- Launch the Sonos Controller app from your dock or from the Finder.
- Click Sonos in the menu bar.
- Click Preferences…
- Click Create Stereo Pair.
- Click Next.
- Click the dropdown menu.
- Select which speaker you’d like to add to the stereo pair.
Can you play Netflix through Sonos?
No worries, you can still listen to your favorite streaming shows on Netflix or the football commentary from another room when Sonos speaker plays it all along. Connect the audio by grouping to another Sonos speaker and enjoy your show at your comfort.
Can you use Sonos as a Bluetooth speaker?
Sonos does not support Bluetooth. Bluetooth is all about proximity, so the quality of your wireless signal is based on where your smartphone, tablet, or computer is in relation to your Sonos speaker. This isn’t really conducive to having a speaker in every room.
How can I play YouTube on wireless speakers?
How to play YouTube videos on a Google Home through a speaker
- Open the Google Home app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Tap on the speaker in the home screen.
- Tap the Settings button in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to “Device Settings” and tap “Paired Bluetooth.
Does Sonos have a Mac app?
Sonos 3.7 for Mac is a free download available on Sonos’ website; it requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher. The iOS app is available for free from the App Store and is compatible with iOS devices running iOS 3.0 or later.
Why is AirPlay not working on Sonos?
Restart all devices and try to AirPlay again. Toggle off Bluetooth, or if already off, try turning it on. Turn off Cellular Data. Disconnect from any other Bluetooth devices (like speakers)
Can I stream music from my computer to Sonos?
Sonos allows you to stream your music library from any computer, or network attached storage drive, to your Sonos system. From the Manage menu, select Music Library Settings. Click + (plus) on macOS, or Add if you are using Windows.
How do I connect Sonos one to my system?
Add Sonos One to your existing Sonos system
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System > Add Product.
- Follow the steps in the app to connect Sonos One to your Sonos system.
Why won’t Sonos play my iTunes library?
There is no solution. That’s a limitation of the Sonos system. It’s not compatible with AirPlay so you can’t stream to it from iTunes. You can only access your iTunes library via the Sonos app.
How do I add a Sonos speaker to my system?
Open the Sonos app on your iOS or Android device. From the Settings tab, tap System > Add Product. Follow the on-screen prompts to add your product to your system.