FAQ: How To Play A Movie On Windows 8 Laptop?
- 1 Does Windows 8 have a DVD player?
- 2 How do I play a movie on my laptop?
- 3 Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
- 4 What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
- 5 How do I watch a DVD with Windows 8?
- 6 How do you watch a movie on your computer?
- 7 How can I play a DVD in my laptop?
- 8 Why does my Windows Media Player not play DVD?
- 9 How do I reinstall Windows Media Player on Windows 8?
- 10 Is Windows 10 better than Windows 8?
- 11 How do I make Windows Media Player the default player in Windows 8?
- 12 How do I watch a DVD with Windows 7?
- 13 Is there a free DVD player for Windows 10?
- 14 What is the best free DVD player download?
Does Windows 8 have a DVD player?
Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Pro don’t come with DVD movie playback capability. If you’re running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Pro, you can search for a DVD player app in Microsoft Store. Windows RT 8.1 doesn’t support DVD movie playback.
How do I play a movie on my laptop?
How to Play a Movie on Your Laptop
- Power on the computer.
- Insert the disc into the CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- Click on the media player that you want to view the movie in (e.g., Windows Media Player or Real Player) in the AutoPlay window. The program will open and begin playing the movie automatically.
Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
Windows Media Player (WMP) has been included in every version since 2000. While Windows 8 will default to the metro style Music app, you can still use WMP. Windows 8 still includes Windows Media Player, but you’re not going to find it on the Start screen or the Taskbar on the desktop.
What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
Hare are five free apps to get around the lack of native Windows DVD playback and let you enjoy your DVD collection.
- VLC Media Player.
- GOM Media Player.
- XBMC Media Center.
- Daum PotPlayer.
How do I watch a DVD with Windows 8?
Playing DVDs in Windows 8 with VLC Media Player
- At the Windows 8 start screen, type VLC.
- Choose the view option.
- Insert your DVD into your DVD drive on your PC.
- Choose your DVD playback option.
- Open the DVD from within VLC media player.
- Click the Play Button.
How do you watch a movie on your computer?
How to Watch a Movie on the Computer
- Open the DVD tray and place the DVD movie disc in the tray.
- Click on the Windows Media Player icon on the desktop or the taskbar.
- Perform a right mouse click on the Windows Media panel.
- Choose the desired menu option after the previews or any other introduction has finished.
How can I play a DVD in my laptop?
To play a CD or DVD Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
Why does my Windows Media Player not play DVD?
If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed. We recommend downloading this software from www.videolan.org in order to play DVDs on your computer.
How do I reinstall Windows Media Player on Windows 8?
If you want to reinstall Windows Media Player, try the following:
- Click the Start button, type features, and select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Scroll down and expand Media Features, clear the Windows Media Player check box, and click OK.
- Restart your device.
- Repeat step 1.
Is Windows 10 better than Windows 8?
As it has quickly become the new Windows standard, like XP before it, Windows 10 gets better and better with each major update. At its core, Windows 10 combines the best features of Windows 7 and 8 while ditching some controversial features, like the full-screen Start menu.
How do I make Windows Media Player the default player in Windows 8?
From the Start screen, type: default programs and select it from the results. The Default Programs window will open on your desktop. From the menu, click the “Set your default programs” link. On the next screen, scroll down your list of installed programs in the left pane and select Windows Media Player.
How do I watch a DVD with Windows 7?
Here’s how you can use it to watch your favorite movie on DVD:
- Insert the DVD and choose Start→All Programs→Windows Media Center. The Media Center opens to the main menu.
- Locate and double-click the Movies option. Scroll vertically through the main menu items.
- Click the Play DVD option on the submenu.
Is there a free DVD player for Windows 10?
VLC Media Player is free, though you can always donate some funds to its development. First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button.
What is the best free DVD player download?
List of Best Free DVD Player Software
- WinX DVD Ripper.
- CyberLink PowerDVD 20 Ultra.
- VideoLAN VLC media player.
- DVD Player-Free.
- 5K Player.