FAQ: How To Apple Play From Mac?
- 1 How do I turn on AirPlay on my Mac?
- 2 Do I have AirPlay on my Mac?
- 3 Why can’t I turn on AirPlay on my Mac?
- 4 How do I AirPlay a video from my Mac?
- 5 Where is my AirPlay icon on my Mac?
- 6 How do I turn on screen mirroring on my MacBook air?
- 7 How do I wirelessly connect my Mac to my TV?
- 8 How do I AirPlay from my Mac to my Smart TV?
- 9 Can I mirror my Mac to iPhone?
- 10 Why is AirPlay not working?
- 11 How do I airdrop from Mac to TV?
- 12 How do I share my Mac to my TV?
How do I turn on AirPlay on my Mac?
Enable AirPlay on your Mac
- Click on the Apple button in the menu bar in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Click “System Preferences”
- Click “Displays”
- Make sure “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” is selected.
Do I have AirPlay on my Mac?
Note: If your Mac supports AirPlay screen mirroring, you see an AirPlay status icon in the menu bar of your Mac when an Apple TV is on the same network as your Mac. In some cases, you can use an AirPlay display even if you’re not on the same Wi-Fi network as Apple TV (called peer-to-peer AirPlay).
Why can’t I turn on AirPlay on my Mac?
The most common reason for not seeing the AirPlay feature on your Mac is your display settings or WiFi problems. To fix this simply restart your WiFi connection, and activate the Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available option found inside the System Preferences, in the Display settings.
How do I AirPlay a video from my Mac?
Use Airplay on your Mac
- Open up the video you’d like to cast to your TV.
- Click on the AirPlay button. Often (but not always) you’ll find it in the bottom right corner of the video.
- Select the device you’d like to cast your video to from the drop-down options.
Where is my AirPlay icon on my Mac?
From the menu bar:
- In the menu bar at the top of your Mac’s screen, click the AirPlay icon, which looks like a rectangle with an arrow at the bottom.
- In the drop-down, choose the device you want to AirPlay to.
- A passcode might appear on your device’s screen.
How do I turn on screen mirroring on my MacBook air?
Mirror your Mac’s screen
- Click on the Control Center icon in the menu bar. It should be next to the time in the top-right corner, next to the Siri button.
- Click Screen Mirroring.
- You’ll see a list of devices that are available on your network to mirror your screen on. Click the device you want to use.
How do I wirelessly connect my Mac to my TV?
How to connect a MacBook to your TV wirelessly
- Click the AirPlay icon on the MacBook’s menu bar.
- Select the Apple TV you want to connect to from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Apple TV input on your TV to start displaying your MacBook’s screen.
How do I AirPlay from my Mac to my Smart TV?
Find the video that you want to stream. Tap AirPlay. In some apps, you might need to tap a different icon first.* In the Photos app, tap Share, then tap AirPlay. Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
Can I mirror my Mac to iPhone?
On your iPhone, tap the “M” button at the lower center of the screen. Choose the name of your Mac on the detected devices to connect. Select “computer screen mirroring” and then hit “start now”. Your Mac is now mirrored to your iPhone.
Why is AirPlay not working?
Make sure the second device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. If not, switch networks to sync your devices. Make sure the device is successfully using Wi-Fi. Try to use the device to stream content from the internet.
How do I airdrop from Mac to TV?
You should also make sure you’re running the latest software for your Mac and Apple TV.
- Click on the Control Center icon on the right side of your Mac’s menubar.
- Choose Screen Mirroring.
- Click on your Apple TV from the dropdown. (If you have multiple Apple TV’s in the vicinity, choose the one you want to use right now.)
How to wirelessly connect a Mac to a smart TV. Newer Macs and Apple TVs make screen mirroring amazingly easy. Just turn on the TV and Apple TV, then on the Mac, go through the Apple logo, then “System Preferences,” then click “Displays” and select the TV from the “AirPlay Display” taskbar.